Top 10 Reasons Sleep Is Important
We spend more than 1/3 of our lives sleeping. By the time you hit age 40, you will have spent about 13 years asleep. A good night's sleep is incredibly important for your health. It’s just as important as eating healthy and exercising.
According to healthline.com, people are now sleeping less than they did in the past, and sleep quality has decreased as well.
10 reasons why good sleep is important.
- Sleep Affects Emotions and Social Interactions
- Poor Sleep Is Linked to Increased Inflammation
- Sleep Improves Your Immune Function
- Poor Sleep Is Linked to Depression
- Sleep Affects Glucose Metabolism and Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Poor Sleepers Have a Greater Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke
- Good Sleep Can Maximize Athletic Performance
- Good Sleep Can Improve Concentration and Productivity
- Good Sleepers Tend to Eat Fewer Calories
- Poor Sleep Can Make You Fat
Along with nutrition and exercise, good sleep is one of the pillars of health. You simply cannot achieve optimal health without taking care of your sleep.
Do your mind, body, and soul a favor and order a luxury mattress and enjoy a better, healthier life.